On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 13:23, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I have a module of statistics functions (shameless
> plug: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stats and
> http://code.google.com/p/pycalcstats -- feedback and bug reports welcome)

Your readme says:
Installation
------------

stats requires Python 3.1. To install, do the usual:

    python3 setup.py install

I'm afraid I've never fully understood instructions like that. I have
Python 3.1. I now have your stats-0.1.1a. where do I put it to do the
above? It's now in 3.1's site-packages. Do I CD to stats-0.1.1a and
run that command? Or?

Could I have put stats-0.1.1a anywhere, CD-ed to that "anywhere", and
then run the command?

I hesitate to experiment because I don't want your files sprayed all
over my hard disk.

Thanks,

Dick