Python, to me, is much more self consistent.  It is a language that was
designed with a plan.  PHP to me feels like its more cobbled together.
Python is easier to read, you get much more done in less code.  The build in
data structures are intrinsically connected to coding patterns.

This may seem silly, but its not to me.  Barrier to entry in PHP is fairly
low.  You need to be interested in math, cs, agorithms to enjoy and exploit
python.  This to me is a more interesting group of developers.  I've been
writing software since the late 70s.  the dawn of the pc era.  Back then,
there were very few people who did it.  Some CS majors, some EE types (me)
some physicists, some poets even.  Since then, because of demand, and hype
there are all sorts of people with widely varying interests in programming,
and I find the people I meet who use python are more similar to those I knew
earlier my career.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Abdulhakim Haliru <
abdulhakim.hal...@leproghrammeen.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I am pretty new to python as this is just my 5th day reading through God
> knows how many books. I am really not new to programming,
>
> I come from a Cakephp, zend framework angle cutting through ASP.net,VB and
> C# at an intermediate level.
>

> However, for some reason, I am thinking python but reading through lots of
> the input on forums like quora , keeps me confuse as to  whether to
> continue,
>
> Unlearn my php ways (as that must certainly happen J)  and learn python
> and web development woth python, Jquery etal ?
>

> I just need a quick opinion, I know geeks would always favour technologies
> they are used to in forums but then  what do you guys advise ?
>

> Is python really worth the pain or should I just skip it ?
>

> Thank you so much.
>

> *Abdulhakim Haliru*
>
> * *

Joel Goldstick