On 01/25/2011 08:50 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Corey Richardson wrote:
>> On 01/25/2011 06:26 PM, Elwin Estle wrote:
>>> Is it better to have one large sort of "do it all" class, or break
>>> the larger class up into smaller classes?
>
>> If you're just learning, go ahead and make a 'do it all' class. Don't do
>> it later in your growth as a programmer though.
>
> Learn bad habits first, then spend years trying to break them!
>
> *wink*

Hey, gotta learn the concepts first, right? ;-)
I remember my first "substantial" program, hangman! Quite a mess.
Excerpt:

    def getlist3(self):
        list3 = []
        for i in range(5):
            list3.append(self.gameWord[i])
        self.list3 = list3

I don't even remember what list3 is. I have a whole function for a list
comprehension!

self.list3 = [char for (idx, char) in enumerate(gameWord) if
              gameWord.index(char, idx) < 5]

(list3 happened to be the hint characters given, remembered while doing)

Just proof that it doesn't have to take years, it could take months.