Hello,
this is my first message here... and come to think of it my first Message in a Mailing List what so ever. So a moment of epic historical importance :) Anyway I decided I wanted to learn Python as I didn't really know any scripting language yet and I have heard great things about Python. I already have some experience in Java and minor experience in C languages... so I think I will pick up on the syntax pretty quickly (just have to get used to not using braces and indent my code correctly :D ) Anyhow my programming knowledge is based off classes and less off of practically using them a lot... So I have implemented various algorithms etc. but haven't written many full programs from beginning to end. And that is basically my question / problem. I don't have many good ideas and I don't really have a lot of experience with going from an idea to a full scale program.
So I guess I have two questions:
1) Does anyone have ideas for small - mid ranged projects where I could quickly pick up on the pitfalls of Python but that is also useful in some way ? I had a small idea where I could write a program to sync two folders mp3 files based on filename and ID3 Tags with a GUI to control it, but would love to hear other ideas. 2) Is there some tutorial out there that really leads you from scratch to a full blown program (with GUI or Database connection or whatever) with Code documentation etc. just to see how one could approach it Anyway, I have already learned a lot from leeching off the mailing list, so thanks for that.
Greetings from Germany,
David