"Walter Prins" <wpr...@gmail.com> wrote

Just to add to what Alan's said: A key thing you will need to wrap your head around when transitioning to GUI applications is the fact that the
application is then not linear (or as linear) as a console/text
application.

Thanks for the extra detail Walter, I was in a hurry this morning :-)

So conceptually, in a console application, you write the "main" loop
...In a GUI application, you can imagine this loop is somewhere
inside the operating system

And if you want to compare the two approaches the Event Driven
Programming topic in my tutorial has essentially the same
application implemented as both a console and GUI app.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site