On Oct 8, 2011, at 0:33, "Prasad, Ramit" <ramit.pra...@jpmorgan.com> wrote:

>> what does the
>>
>>       for col, ch in enumerate(line):
>>

> I highly recommend looking at web documentation when you can. It is not that
> I have any problems answering any questions, but I know I get frustrated when
> I am forced to learn things in 5 minute increments while waiting on people to
> respond. Reading the documentation will give a better idea of Python because
> there is *so* much more information there and the Python docs are actually
> quite well written.
>
> Please read the following link and then ask us about any questions you have.
> http://docs.python.org/dev/library/functions.html#enumerate

Actually before I asked the question. I did some basic check before.
here is another way/channel of looking for answers.
Later I also checked online.
And learned what the enumerate mean,
But at that time, when I asked on list, I did really don't understand.
Sometimes the question I asked here is also the question I asked to myself.
But thanks for your suggestion.
When I saw soneone asked some very simple question on another list which I know
that staff long. I also felt that way and wanna suggest them to google or use
manual.

> <snip>
>> but today I was also discouraged, I was told that you should not have
>> learned python, you should focus on C or bash, or D, cause python is going
>> to be obsolete, and I defensed that I saw lots people/apps using python, and
>> it's always good to learn a language well, it's helpful for you to
>> understand another language. I was further told that fortran is obsolete,
>> but still lots of fortran guys using it.
>> I don't know much, since I started and wanted to learn, actually I wish to
>> hear some encouraging words, not some words discouraging, but on another
>> hands, it's always good to have an open mind, so I want to hear your opinion
>> and >perspective, I am not knowledgable about this.
>
> Language choice is an often debated subject. People are always proclaiming
> that a certain language is the "best" and this list probably considers Python
> the "best". The truth is there is no "best" language! The "best" language (in
> my not-so-humble opinion) is the language that allows you to effectively,
> quickly, and easily solve a specific problem. Use the best tool (i.e.
> language) for the problem; just because you know how to use a hammer does not
> mean that you should use it for cooking! :)
^_^  good point.

> As for encouraging words, well...that is not really something I am good at.
> When you get stuck or bogged down in frustration, remember that learning
> occurs most often by making mistakes first and then learning to avoid those
> mistakes.
Thanks.