On 07/10/11 18:56, lina wrote:
On Oct 8, 2011, at 0:39, "Prasad, Ramit"<ramit.pra...@jpmorgan.com>  wrote:
 I would really change this to explicitly close the file.

with open(base+OUTFILEEXT,"w") as f:
    f.write(str(summary))

Btw, I do notice lots of suggestions of closing file.
Does your above sentence close the file here? Implicitly ?
Sorry, I don't see "close"

The 'with' syntax above implicitly closes the file for you
at the end of the block. If you use the

f = open(...)

style you are expected to explicitly close the file when you are finished with it. This is especially important when writing to a file because that will guarantee that the OS writes the data to the file on disk. Without a close its possible for your data to get held in a buffer that doesn't get written to disk. Rare, but possible.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site