On 24-Oct-11 12:17, Johan Martinez wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone - Steve, Dave, Sander and Wayne. I
realized my wrong understanding/interpretation after posting the message
to the list, which usually  happens most of the time with me!

That happens to most of us all the time too :) Unfortunately, with the lag between posting to the list and mail getting out to everyone, you'll probably get several replies that all say the same thing--we're not piling up on you, it's just a bunch of people being helpful without seeing that someone already answered yet.

Glad we could help. Looking more into how Python variables work unlocks a lot of potential for all sorts of data structure operations that other languages require pointers to do, but are a lot easier when essentially all "variables" are references to objects but with the details handled behind the scenes for you.

--
Steve Willoughby / st...@alchemy.com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."