On 10/25/2011 12:20 AM, Chris Kavanagh wrote:

On 10/24/2011 12:06 AM, Marc Tompkins wrote:
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Chris Kavanagh <cka...@msn.com
<SNIP>

My problem was, I wasn't seeing {member} as referring to the class objects {t} and {s}. Since it was, we now can use member just like any class object, and combine it with class functions (and class variables), such as {member.tell}. I had never in my short programming experience, seen an example like this. So I was confused, obviously, LOL.

In the context of:

t = Teacher('Mrs. Shrividya', 40, 30000)
s = Student('Swaroop', 22, 75)
members = [t, s]

for  member in members;
    member.dosomething()

member does not refer to t and s at all. It refers to the same object as t and as s, in succession. members is a list of references to objects. Each item in members is bound to a particular object. It is not bound in any way to s or t.

For example, suppose we did:

members = [t, s]
t = 42
for member in members:
     member.dosomething()

member still references the object holding Mrs. Shrividya, or Swaroop, in succession, even though t is now (bound to) an integer (object).

--

DaveA