On 31/10/11 20:55, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

You may prefer to change to individual emails instead of digest mode. In
my opinion, digest mode is only useful when you want to read other
people's comments without commenting yourself.

It depends, I've used digests from other lists that delivered
the mails as embedded messages that you could open individually
and replies then followed the original. I think that requires
MIME encoding in the digest. But I've never tried it on the
tutor list so I don't know if it works here.

And digests are useful if you are on a tariff that limits the
number of messages received because they see the digest as
one message. But OTOH I haven't seen anyone offering message
based access for a quite a few years now.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site