I am working on a python Tk program which involves a login window and I am
looking for some advice.

Currently the code I have creates a window (Toplevel) where the login controls
are and I am running that using a main loop for the window.  The root window is
hidden.  The objective is that when the user ha successfully authenticated, the
login window is closed or the main loop os exited and then the root window is
shown and the main loop started for the actual application.

Questions:
1.  Is this the best way of doing this or is there a better way?
2.  How do I exit the main loop when the user has authenticated?

Thanks

Chris Hare
ch...@labr.net
http://www.labr.net