On 06/11/11 10:23, Sarma Tangirala wrote:

I'm sorry. Didn't notice the python 3 part, I just joined the list and
did not look at the OPs post. Sorry about that.

welcome to the list :-)

Please bear with me on this, but does the following not print "end" for
every iteration of "items"?

for item in items:
      print(item, end="")

No, end is a new optional parameter for the print function in Python 3.
Recall that in Python2 print was a command whereas in Python 3 it is a function which has a couple of new options:

---------------
Help on built-in function print in module builtins:

print(...)
    print(value, ..., sep=' ', end='\n', file=sys.stdout)

    Prints the values to a stream, or to sys.stdout by default.
    Optional keyword arguments:
    file: a file-like object (stream); defaults to the current sys.stdout.
    sep:  string inserted between values, default a space.
    end:  string appended after the last value, default a newline.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site