On 11 November 2011 at 02:00 Nathaniel Trujillo wrote:-
> Okay, I typed in python -c "import sys; print sys.version" at the command
> prompt. I didn't see a prompt ending with %. Instead I saw a prompt ending
> with >. But here is the message I got.
>
> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
> Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> C:\Users\net2010>python -c "import sys; print sys.version"
> 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> C:\Users\net2010>

This is normal with Python on Windows. The Python installer doesn't add the
program directory to the PATH, so you have to include the full pathname to run
Python from  the command line, something like this:-

C:\Python27\python -c "import sys; print sys.version"

--
Michael

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.

viruses.