On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> On 12/19/2011 8:50 AM, James Reynolds wrote:
>

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Wayne Watson <
> sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Win 7, 64-bit
>>
>> I had Py 2.5 installed on my PC earlier this year, and it began failing
>> around June. I finally ...
>>
>>                     CE 1955 October 20 07:53:32.6 UT
>>                    -- "The Date" The mystery unfolds.
>>
>>                    Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>

>  Did you change the PATH to the right directory? It may still be pointing
> to the old directory, or you may have never set it to begin with.
>
> Someone suggested this several months when I was having an install problem.
> ===========
> That being said, it sounds an awful lot like the python.exe isn't in your
> path. To get it there you can open windows explorer (WIN+E) right click on
> computer > properties then click advanced system settings. In the window
> that pops up, click the "environment variables" button. In the "system
> variables" portion, find the path variable and click the "Edit..." button.
> Assuming that your new installation was placed in C:\Python25\ you will
> want to add ";C:\Python25\" (the semicolon is important!) to the end of
> your path.
> ===========
> Is that what you are suggesting? I brought up WE and clicked on
> properties, and got a six tab dialog.  Pushed Advanced. Tabs are: Sharing,
> Security, Prev versions, general, tools, h/w, quota. I don't see anything
> about  about a PATH, sys or env vars.
>
> --
>            Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA)
>
>              (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
>               Obz Site:  39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet
>
>                      CE 1955 October 20 07:53:32.6 UT
>                     -- "The Date" The mystery unfolds.
>
>                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
>

>  In windows 7,

1. Go to start
2. Right click on "Computer"
3. Select Properties. This will bring up the "System" menu.
4. Select "Advanced system Settings" on the left hand side.
5. In this new window, select Environment variables... at the bottom
6. In the bottom window area, scroll down until you find "PATH"
7. Select "Edit" (do NOT delete anything contained in this or will screw
some stuff up)
8. scroll to the very end and put a ; as a deliminator if there isn't one
on the end already. Then put the direct path to you Python install you care
about. (it should be something like this:(;C:\Python27) - this is mine in
fact.
9. Hit OK. Then accept your way out. You will have to reboot.
10. To test, open a cmd prompt and and type simply "python". if you get
Python 2.7.2 (some more stuff) then python is now on your path.