Dave Angel wrote:
On 12/21/2011 06:49 AM, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
Can I just ask why the majority of the mail on this list is in multipart/alternative and/or html format. It's driving me nuts trying to read this on my console.
                      ^^^^^^^

to which Dave replied:
if you're using Thunderbird,

I don't think Thunderbird runs as a mail client in the console :)

I normally use mutt at the console, and set it to automatically decode HTML emails using elinks. This seems to work for me, except for a regrettable tendency for mutt to prefer the HTML part to the plain text part when available.

--
Steven