On 4/15/2012 10:54 PM, bob gailer wrote:
On 4/14/2012 11:27 AM, Tom Tucker wrote:

Hello all. Any suggestions how I could easily iterate over a list and print the output 3 across (when possible)? One method I was considering was removing the recently printed item from the list, checking list length, etc. Based on the remaining length of the list I would then print X across. Yah? Is their and easier approach I might be overlooking?

For example...

mylist = ['serverA', 'serverB', 'serverC', 'serverD',' serverE', 'serverF', 'serverG']

Desired Output
serverA  serverB  serverC
serverD  serverE  serverF
serverG

I amend my prior solution to add a constant for the # of columns

COLS = 3
print '\n'.join(' '.join(mylist[i:i+COLS]) for i in range(0,len(mylist),COLS))

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239