On 05/01/2012 09:55 AM, Santosh Kumar wrote:
> Is there space a between "#!" and "/usr/bin/env python"?
>
> I have seen Python manual, it says <#! /usr/bin/env python>
> But snippet manager of many text editing programs have <#!/usr/bin/env
> python>. Python is a strongly typed language, which one is correct?

That's a comment, so it's irrelevant to Python.

That line is called a shebang line, and is used by the various Unix
command shells to specify what program shall interpret this particular
script.

I have no idea whether your shell will ignore a leading space or not.

The bash that happens to be on my system will ignore the leading space.

--

DaveA