On 17/05/12 08:39, Russel Winder wrote:

Interesting, or not, the "Big Data" people are rapidly realizing that
data mining and SQL are mutually incompatible.

After many years working with big data mining teams/apps my considered opinion is use SAS or one of its peers! It costs money but it works. And the savings in development time far outweigh the costs. And if you have to manage 100TB or more then the costs of SAS licenses are likely to be the least of your worries! And if you are really serious about it
run SAS on top of a Teradata $torage $ystem...

Note:
I have no commercial connection with either company, just an admirer of their technology solutions.

:-)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site