>> hi guy my book has set me an assignment of a simon says game but i
>> don't really understand what it's asking me to do. here's the text:

It's the last chapter of Python Prgogramming for the absolute
beginner. they have covered all the basics. Even simple tkinter apps
and Pygame games. If i understand what the task was asking me to do,
im confident , even though i might struggle, that in the end i could
do it. But i simply don't understand what this task is asking for. It
doesn't sound similar to Simon Says