On Sep 10, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Matthew Ngaha <chigga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi guy my book has set me an assignment of a simon says game but i
> don't really understand what it's asking me to do. here's the text:
>
> write a version of the simon says game where a player has to repeat an
> ever-growing, random sequence of colours and sounds using the
> keyboard.
>
> Anyone understand the task?

Sounds as though what is wanted in a Pythonic version of an early electronic
game "Simon" that was marketed back in the late 70's.  It was roughly Frisbee
shaped although slightly larger.  The top was divided into four quadrant-shaped
paddles each of a different color.  The game consisted of Simon generating
longer and longer sequences of random color-sound flashes (each element in the
sequence consisted of a momentary sound accompanied by the appropriate quadrant
lighting up).  After Simon had generated a sequence, the player had to
duplicate it by pressing the paddles.  A successful recreation of a sequence
was rewarded by Simon generating a longer one, until the player finally screwed
up.  At that point Simon made an electronic rude noise and the device was
handed on to the next player if there were multiple players.  The player who
succeeded in matching the longest sequence was the winner of that round.

I'll bet ebay still has them for sale, and Google would get you a description
that would be better than mine.

-Bill