more info:

> Consider it done, i have a new .py file saved as 'unzip_twice.py'
but it would be easier (the whole purpose of this task) is to have a
stand alone script that would work without having to open up the
shell.
In ArcGIS, I call the script by double clicking on my tool, selecting
the .zip in a GUI and it runs, extracting the first zipfile, but hangs
on the next, supposedly because of 'permissions' but 'permissions'
were not really an issue.
I think it's the "is it a .zip or is it not a zip" issue.
Permissions were not an issue in the original task, which worked (but
had flawed data structure (my fault)).

> Maybe its the version of Python?
> Maybe I didn't read what you wrote to type into the shell properly?
> Maybe it's the spaces and dashes in the zipfile name? (the LMS does
> that (learning Management system)
Maybe it's the location of the unzip_twice.py script?

>> (the folder must already exist), it may do what you want. Make sure
>> you test it on a sample set of data, not the real thing.
yes, folder existed

>> Good luck and don't worry about asking dumb questions, the only dumb
>> question is "Was it you or your brother that was killed in the war?"
>
> Thanks, as you can tell, I need it!
Thanks again, I really do need it! (oh sorry, was that obvious? haha!)

Greg