On 02/04/2013 12:52 PM, Ghadir Ghasemi wrote:
hi guys, this is the first bit of my program converting from binary to decimal
without use of built in functions.

binnum = input("Please enter a binary number:  ")
decnum = 0
rank = 1

for i in reversed(binnum):
     decnum += rank * int(i)
     rank *= 2
     print(decnum).

When I first tested the program, It printed the answer in a weird way. you can
see the print screen of first tirst in the attachment. I wanted to know how I
could adjust the program so that
it only prints the real answer. e.g If user enters 11111111, then program
should only print 255.
thank you.

Move your print statement out of the for loop.

for i in reversed(binnum):
      decnum += rank * int(i)
      rank *= 2
print(decnum)