On 03/04/2013 11:57 PM, eryksun wrote:
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Lolo Lolo <losermelo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
no if i double click the .py file, Python 3.3 opens all of my python 3
files. A lot of 3.0 files won't run but that's okay. Now on my command line
if i enter the correct version's directory, and use: python myfile.py then
the correct version's .exe opens the file. When i said "it works fine", i
was just suprised why my files lost their python icon but are still opened
by python when i double click them

Installing 3.3 associated .py files with %windir%\py.exe,

Lolo -

Assuming eryksun is correct, all you need is to add shebang lines to the files that you want to run 3.0

The line must be the very first line in the file, and it consists of the characters "#!" followed by the path to the executable.

Try:

#!c:\python3.3\python.exe (or wherever the installation directory actually is)

or what Eryksun suggested:

#!/usr/bin/env python3.0

I can't tell which would be right, since I don't run Windows.  Any more.

--
DaveA