On 17/06/13 03:59, Steve Willoughby wrote:

On 16-Jun-2013, at 10:49, Jim Mooney <cybervigila...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 16 June 2013 01:43, Roel Schroeven <r...@roelschroeven.net> wrote:

Can't you disable that behavior somewhere in the settings of your IDE? I
know IDEs do that to be helpful, but I don't like it and so far I've been
able to disable it in all IDEs I've used.

VIM sounds good but I don't think there's a version for Windows.

There's a version of VIM for about everything, including Windows and OS X.

Pfft! VIM. VIM is not the standard editor. There is only one standard editor,
ed. That's why it's called an EDitor, not a VIMitor.

http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html

As for stability, ed hasn't been updated since 1929. There's no need -- how can
you improve perfection?

--
Steven