On 06/16/2013 01:49 PM, Jim Mooney wrote:
VIM sounds good but I don't think there's a version for Windows. Keeping different programs open is great if you have dual monitors, which I did when I was webmastering. Alas, some $#@ fooled with my computer and wiped out the dual monitor card. But when I fixed his front end I left a bolt off and his wheel went rolling down the highway, so I guess we're even ;') As for the one-week learning curve on VIM, reminds me of that claim for Joomla. Yes, you can set up a site in a few hours after your first install of Joomla, but learning to fix the blowups and problems while people are screaming at you, since it's all public, takes considerably longer. Although an editor that's been around since the stone age probably doesn't blow up. I doubt VIM has a constant stream of upgrades (not always compatible), bug fixes, and security fixes ;')

vimtutor gets you a good start rather quickly.