On 20 August 2013 13:15, Andy McKenzie <amckenz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Leam Hall <leamh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Am I more confused than normal or if I click "Reply" should it go just to
>> the sender instead of the list?
>
> Yep.  Someone decided it didn't make sense for "reply" to go to the list
> that sent the message and should be receiving the reply.  I've never
> understood it, even after reading the arguments in favor.

I've never understood it either. The reasoning seems to be that a
special List-Post email field was added for this purpose and so all
the email clients should get fixed to have a reply-list button that
sends your reply to that address. It's been almost 10 years since RFC
4021 described this idea (or is it even older?) during which time the
number of email clients in use has exploded and AFAIK very few of them
have the reply-list feature.

Some time ago I suggested reply-to munging for this very list but
there wasn't a great deal of enthusiasm for the idea.

Oscar