Quoting Lolo Lolo <losermelo...@yahoo.com>:

Hi, can i ask why the name ~/my_venv/  .. is that just to indicate ~ as the home directory?

The name was just an example. Yes, '~' is your home directory. You can actually use this in your shell
instead of typing the whole path.
You probably want to put virtual environments in your home directory.

so pyvenv already has access to virtualenv? i thought i would have needed pypi  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv  or easy_install before i got install it, but here you create the virtualenv before getting distribute_setup.py.

Since Python 3.3 a 'venv' module is included in the standard library and shipped with the pyvenv tool. So you no longer need the 'virtualenv' 3rd party module.

Everything seems fine now, at last! I really appreciate your help;)

Great :)