On 17/02/2014 09:07, Aaron Misquith wrote:
I have 2 different text files.

File1.txt contains:

|file
RAM
Python
parser|

File2.txt contains:

|file
1234
program|

I want to perform an union of these both files such that i get an output
file3.txt which contains:

|file
RAM
Python
parser
1234
program

The program that i'm working on just combines two files. Any help on
performing an union such that a keyword would not be repeated would be
appreciated.

Code:
with open("C:\\File1.txt") as fin1: lines = fin1.readlines()
with open("C:\\File2.txt") as fin2: lines.extend(fin2.readlines())
with open("D:\\file3.txt", "r+") as fout: fout.write('\n'.join(lines))

Use sets http://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#set

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.