On 02/17/2014 05:29 AM, spir wrote:
On 02/17/2014 10:07 AM, Aaron Misquith wrote:
I have 2 different text files.

File1.txt contains:

file
RAMPython
parser

File2.txt contains:

file1234
program

I want to perform an union of these both files such that i get an output
file3.txt which contains:

file
RAMPython
parser1234
program

I don't understand the logic of your "union" (???) at all. Is your
example correct? A naive union in the naive sense would _here_ keep all
items, since they are all different, and certainly not compose a
non-existant one "parser1234".

AHA, the mysterious "html" conversion error strikes again. Since Aaron erroneously (and presumably unknowingly) posted in html, and you view it (as most do, and all should) as text, Aaron's email program erroneously lost some of the whitespace markings, and totally distorted the meaning.

But "that ship has already sailed", so we have to live with it without mention.

--
DaveA