On 6/30/2014 4:14 PM, Danny Yoo wrote:

In any event, I did very much like Dave Beazley's "Python Essential
Reference".  At least, I remember thinking it was excellent it when it
was in its red cover.  :P   I don't know what the latest edition is
like, but it's probably of similar quality.

Well, in that case I'd put forward effbot's guide to the python standard library, particularly for python 2.x, but most of the examples are still valid. I paid for it back in the day, but now it's available on-line at http://effbot.org/librarybook/

Emile

<please excuse duplicates if they show up - I'm not sure I originally sent this from a valid account for the mailing list gateway>