On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Ni Hung <niih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, I am now able to write scripts in python. I can read/modify scripts
> written by others (true to some level).  I understand the basics of
> libraries (how are they different from modules or are the same thing with
> two names?)  like urllib2, json, sys, os etc. and have used them in some
> scripts.
>
> What should I do next to advance my knowledge of python? Should I study/use
> libraries/modules?  Which ones?  Any other suggestions?

This is hard to say since it depends on your learning style.

Some folks tend to really integrate what they've learned by doing a
project.  Do you have any interesting ideas of something you'd like to
do?  Any hobbies?

For example, I like playing Go (aka "Baduk"), so sometimes I look into
writing programs that are related to Go in some way.  I'm planning to
write a program to parse the file format used to record Go games, the
Smart Game Format, or "SGF" format.  Such programs already exist, of
course!  But reinvention is fine when we're learning.  And rather than
write it in Python, I'm thinking of writing it in the Go programming
language, for maximal confusion.  :P

So that's one possibility.  Another possibility is doing something
like The Python Challenge.  Have you seen the following?

    http://www.pythonchallenge.com/

For some people, the Python Challenge web site helps them cement their
programming a little more.

The others on this list will have more suggestions; I'm sure of it.
:P  Good luck.