On 27/02/15 02:16, Barbara Heliodora G. Rodrigues wrote:
Dear tutor,
I'd like to ask for help with an issue I have with python. My MAC is with OS
10-6.8,

I'm not a MacOs expert but I know MacOS uses Python in some of its tools so do not mess with the standard version, you might break something.

I can't install any new software that uses python,

What the OS uses as Python should not necessarily impact what you use as Python. Usually its just a case of changing a link or creating an alias or environment variable.

At the worst case you can edit the shebang line of your scripts.

I tried to use some plot (matplotlib) routines that were working fine before,

How are you running these scripts? Do you just double click an icon or do you use a commandline? If the latter what do you type?
If the former somebody with a modern Mac will need to advise.

Is there a way to force macports to install a 64bits version of python?

Probably, but I don't know macports.

I downloaded and installed the 3.4 and 3.1 myself, but still the
> computer only sees the version macports installed.

Have you tried calling python3 instead of just python?
That should find your Python 3.X version.

HTH
--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site