On 2015-04-25 08:34, boB Stepp wrote:
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:21 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.ga...@btinternet.com> wrote:
Having looked at this thread and its early responses I think it
would be good to break it up into its two natural parts. TDD
and version control are pretty much separate concepts and
should be on separate threads.

Bob, could you please ask your version control questions again,
taking account of early responses, on a new thread? That way
we can keep the TDD stuff together and the version control
stuff in a separate place.

Done! I do not know if what I did matches your intent, but I hope so!
I stuffed everything relevant to version control into a single email,
trying my best to keep attributions, etc., accurate. It makes for a
long post, but it has everything nicely in place. I just hope Gmail
did not mangle anything!

In retrospect, I wish I had copied and pasted every post so far into
Vim, did my editing there, and re-copy and paste into a new email. I
keep forgetting that text is text...

This might be of interest to you:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/its-all-text/