On 8/19/2015 11:20 AM, Marc Tompkins wrote:
(Every couple of weeks, despite my repeated
attempts to stop TBird from auto-updating, I find that they've got a new
version and can't connect.  Fortunately Mozilla hasn't changed their DB
format, so I can just re-install 33.)  Anyway, I know why _they_ are using
an old, less-secure version, but I'm curious why anybody else would be.

We're stuck on 29 due to some ECMAScript compatibility issues with existing internal servers. We keep users from upgrading by configuring all user workstations to update only from an internal server where we have only approved compatible sources/packages.

Emile