On 19/08/2015 18:25, Alan Gauld wrote:
On 19/08/15 17:09, Michelle Meiduo Wu wrote:
Hi there,
I'm trying to use List in a function. But it doesn't work. Here are
sample code not work: ---------------------------------------def
getResult():    ls = []    ls= ls.append(100)    ls=
ls.append(200)      return ls
reList = []reList = getResult()lsLength = len(reList)print '\n The
length of the list is:' +
str(lsLength)-----------------------------------------I ran the above
code, there is an error message: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has
no attribute 'append'
But the code below not using list in a function
works.----------------------------------------------### This works:ls
= []ls.append(100)ls.append(200)lsLength = len(ls)print '\n list
length is: ' +
str(lsLength)----------------------------------------------------- Do
you know  the reason?
Thank you,Michelle

As you can (hopefully!) see above, this message is completely scrambled.
Normally that means HTML. But the headers suggest it is plain text.
Also, I see that Steve replied with a correctly formatted inclusion.

Did anyone else get the scrambled version?
And does anyone have any clues why I did?

(Using Thunderbird v31.8 and normally not having major issues.)

Scrambled using Thunderbird 38.2.0 on Windows 10.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence