Hi,
Environment:
Python 2.7
Linux (Ubuntu 15.10)

I am experiencing a problem with the code below running the "genF" function on opening the second window. I expected that function to be executed on clicking the 'fill text' button. The text widget gets filled on opening the window. This is my first attempt at opening a second window, so I expect I have done something stupid.

#! /usr/bin/python
from Tkinter import *

root=Tk()

def genF(ofield):
    for x in range(10):
        ofield.insert(END, x)
        ofield.insert(END, "\n")

def second():
    main=Toplevel(root)
    ofield=Text(main, height=15, width=15)
    ofield.pack()
    B3=Button(main, text='exit', command=main.destroy)
    B3.pack()
    B4=Button(main, text='fill text', command=genF(ofield))
    B4.pack()
    main.mainloop()

b1=Button(root, text='open second window', command=second)
b1.pack()
b2=Button(root, text='exit', command=root.destroy)
b2.pack()
root.mainloop()

Thanks,
Chris