Hi everyone. I'm reading through a beginners Python book and came up with a super simple program. I'm not getting any errors and everything runs through, but there's a logical calculation error. What the program does is take an amount and calculate a couple percentages and add a couple fees.

For example, if I put in a value of 1, it will output 752.12 as the sub total and 753.12 as the grand total. It's off by 1 on sub total and 2 on grand total.

Thanks in advance! Jim Gallaher

# Car Salesman Calculator

# User enters the base price of the car and the program adds tax, license, dealer prep, and destination charge.

print("Car Sales Calculator")
basePrice = int(input("Please enter in the price of the car: "))

# Misc charges to be added to the total cost of the car
tax = basePrice * .07
license = basePrice * .05
dealerPrep = basePrice + 500
destinationCharge = basePrice + 250

# Add the total misc charges together
subTotal = float(tax + license + dealerPrep + destinationCharge)

# Add all the misic charges and include the base price
grandTotal = float(subTotal + basePrice)

# Display the results
print("\nThe sub total is", subTotal)
print("\nYour grand Total is", grandTotal)

input("\nPress the enter key to close the program.")