> > when my program is in the yellow state, it should generate the numbers
> > from 100.0-100.5
> > and 102.5-103.0
>
> The "and" is a bit misleading as you want to allow values that are in the
> first *or* the second intrval. When you spell that in Python it becomes
>
> temperature = yellow_temperature_simulation()
> self.assertTrue(
>     (100.0 <= temperature < 100.5)
>     or (102.5 <= temperature < 103.0))

I agree, That's the mistake I made. I fixed it as follows:

    def test_red_temperature_simulation(self):
        """
        Method to test the red_temperature_simulation method
        """
        for i in range(1000000):
            test_value = red_temperature_simulation()
            self.assertTrue((test_value < 100.0) or (test_value > 103.0),
                            msg="Test failed for {}".format(test_value))

And now everything works the way it should.

Thanks for all your help :)

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav