On 09/12/2016 07:59 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
On 09/12/2016 06:06 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
On Sep 10, 2016 7:20 PM, "Jim Byrnes" <jf_byr...@comcast.net> wrote:

I am using python3 could that be the problem?  I looked but couldn't
find
any info on what version of python is needed.

I went to pymedia.org.  The copyright at the bottom of the page is 2004.
The "latest" news entry is February 1, 2006.  So this looks to be from
the
Python 2 only days.

boB

Thanks. I looked but did not dig as deep as you did.

Regards,  Jim

So it looks like I need to use Python 2. On my Ubuntu 14.04 system I have vers 2.7.6. I tried that with the below result.

jfb@Jims-1404:~$ pip install PyMedia
Collecting PyMedia
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:318: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#snimissingwarning.
  SNIMissingWarning
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:122: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
  InsecurePlatformWarning
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PyMedia (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for PyMedia
jfb@Jims-1404:~$

So I went to the urllib3 address listed above. It said to do

pip install urllib3[secure} to solve the problem.

So I still get the errors shown above.  What else do I need to do?

Thanks,  Jim