On 09/13/2016 04:01 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Jim Byrnes <jf_byr...@comcast.net> wrote:
On 09/12/2016 07:59 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:

On 09/12/2016 06:06 PM, boB Stepp wrote:

On Sep 10, 2016 7:20 PM, "Jim Byrnes" <jf_byr...@comcast.net> wrote:

I am using python3 could that be the problem?  I looked but couldn't
find

any info on what version of python is needed.

I went to pymedia.org.  The copyright at the bottom of the page is 2004.
The "latest" news entry is February 1, 2006.  So this looks to be from
the
Python 2 only days.

I personally know nothing about PyMedia, but if 2004 should be the
release date (The copyright at the bottom of their home page.), then
we are looking at a version of Python prior to Py 2.4.4 which was
released in October of 2006!  If this is correct, then you are
probably going to be unable to use PyMedia with any modern version of
Python.  Is there not something else more modern and compatible that
can meet your needs?

I am following some code in a Tkinter book I am reading. The author says he is using Windows 7 and Python 2.7.3, so I should be good with python 2.7.6.

Right now I am more concerned about and trying to fix the urllib3 warnings. As a test just now I used python 2.7.3 version of pip to install pyperclip. It gave me the same urllib3 warnings as when I tried to install PyMedia, BUT it did go ahead and finish the installation.

So maybe the two problems are not related but I would like to figure out and correct the urllib3 problem.

Regards,  Jim