On 08Sep2018 11:40, Alan Gauld <alan.ga...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
On 08/09/18 03:15, Chip Wachob wrote:
Ideally, I'd like to take the slice_size chunks that have been read
and concatenate them back togetjer into a long MAX_LOOP_COUNT size
array to pass back to the rest of my code.  Eg:

You need to create a list of read_ary

results = []

then after creating each read_ary value append it
to results.

results.append(read_ary)

Then, at the very end, return the summation of all
the lists in results.

return sum(results,[])

Actually he's getting back bytearray instances from transfer and wants to join them up (his function does a few small transfers to work around an issue with one big transfer). His earlier code is just confused. So he wants:

 bytearray().join(results)

Hacked example:

 >>> bytearray().join( (bytearray("foo"),bytearray("bah")) )
 bytearray(b'foobah')

And he's working with bytearrays because the target library is Python 2, where there's no bytes type.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>