On 04/05/2019 00:45, nathan tech wrote:

> There are tools like py2exe and pyinstaller that are able to compile
> your python code into .exe format.
>
> but why bother?

It's easier and more convenient to distribute a single .exe
file than a swathe of individual .py or .pyc files. It also
removes any potential issues around the python interpreter
version.

> Lets say I create a program called awesomesauce.
>
> Now then, mister user comes along.
>
> He decompiles it with pyinstaller ("Which I'm told is easy"), removes
> the check, and has himself a free product.

Never consider compilation a security feature, it isn't.
Regardless of the language not just Python. A skilled
technician can hack the binary if necessary.

Compilation is simply a distribution feature that makes
life easier for both the distributor and the recipient.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site