On 01Aug2019 15:23, Spencer Wannemacher <reaverv...@outlook.com> wrote:
I'm new to python and I was trying to perform a simple one code. All that is included in the code is print(61). I save it as 61.py and change the directory before typing in python 61.py and I don't get an output. There is no error and the output is blank. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you so much!

Can you confirm that your entire "61.py" file is this:

 print(61)

That should print a "61" on the output, as I think you expected.

Can you confirm your operating system? I'm guessing Windows, but a detailed description would be helpful.

Are you are typing "python 61.py" at the shell prompt (I presume Windows' CMD.EXE prompt)? And not to some other interface?

It is my recollection that "python" isn't a command under windows, there's a "py" command (I'm not on Windows here). So it may be that when you issue the command "python" it isn't running the Python interpreter but something else.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>