[Ack, forgot to Cc tuxpaint-dev when replying]

----- Forwarded message from Bill Kendrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:49:30 -0800
From: Bill Kendrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: TuxPaint Bug Report (tux4kids)
To: David Douthitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:44:09PM -0600, David Douthitt wrote:

> Well, I did a check prior to running that command line, and neither
> pngtopnm or pnmtops seem to exist on my system.

Hrm!  It would be bad if missing those caused a crash, but it /could/ be
the case. :^(

> However, the requirements for the tuxpaint RPM are satisfied.

Hrm...  Is there a way to 'recommend' dependencies in RPMs, like you can
with Debian packages?

> Perhaps a runtime check for the programs should done first, and the RPM
> spec file modified to require this software?

A runtime check might be good.  If the command can't run, then disable
the print button...

-bill!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                               Have I been helpful?
http://newbreedsoftware.com/    http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick

----- End forwarded message -----