On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:35:00PM -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> Start-up will go faster if some of the work is put
> in threads. This is particularly true for disk reads.
> When the canvas shows, only the paint tool needs to
> be ready. Other stuff (stamps, fonts, magic) can
> continue to load in the background.

I'm concerned that threading this (at least, using /real/ Unix-style threads)
may cause incompatibilities with some OSes.

Can some look into this before we move much further forward?

Or were we talking about threads at a higher level, and not actually
using OS-level stuff?

(Main concern for me: getting Tux Paint to work on Mac OS Classic... far
too many schools are still stuck with it, and currently cannot take
advantage of Tux Paint!)

-bill!