On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Steve Rhodes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> CNN spokesperson Christa Robinson tells TVNewser the unit is being
> shuttered as the network integrates science, environment and
> technology reporting into the general editorial structure. "Now that
> the bulk of our environmental coverage is offered through the Planet
> in Peril franchise, which is part of the AC360 program, there is no
> need for a separate unit," Robinson says.

Sure, with the coming years expected to involve sweeping changes in
environmental policy, alternative energy, and space travel... why
would CNN want to employ experts to report on these topics? No... it
is better to keep Larry King's freakish visage and celebrated (by him)
ignorant mind on the payroll.