I can't say this definitively, as I live in market #2 where every
network is on a full-power primary channel, but it would likely be a
similar situation as cable carriage of a subchannel.  In those cases,
I would guess a mutually-agreed on "channel number" would be assigned;
all the box does is map the incoming feed to whatever channel is
assigned to it anyway.

I know the box mapping is true because my ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC O&Os
are also used as DirecTV's pacific time feed for subscribers who can't
get those networks as local, and my box gives those four stations to
me as both their on-air channel and as the national feed channel.  I'm
sure they aren't wasting transmission space to send those as
duplicated streams, based on my knowledge of how DBS works.