On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM, David Bruggeman <bru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Excellent.  Unfortunately, Colortini.com, which I think had Tom S.'s
> response, is in the ether.  From what I remember, people didn't catch on to
> the "And the Fake One" and contacted Snyder.  He read the listings and gave
> a nice note to Mr. Heald.

Said Snyder at the time:

"I've had several inquiries about a new show I am
supposedly doing for late night. A writer named Tom
Heald wrote some material for a websire named
TVBarn.com. It is run by Aaron Barnhart, who is the
television critic for the Kansas City Star. Mr. Heald, as a
joke, ran a schedule of shows entitled "Tom Snyder, At
Home in California." The topics ranged from "Dinner
with The Companion" to "Frisbee in the Park with
Oliver." Some people got the joke. But some thought it
was for real. I am here to tell you that it isn't. However,
I am not at all peeved at Mr. Heald. Seven years ago a
television writer for the New York Daily News, named
David Bianculli, playfully suggested that CBS put me on
after Dave Letterman. Had he not done that the
LateLateShow probably would never have happened."

You can also listen to a 2006 episode of Paul Goebel's King of TV podcast
where Tom called in. You can find that here:

http://handheldcomedy.com/index.php?task=mf&id=174