The backstory on this: apparently the video was in the wild for about
four months. The site that hosted the video received a
cease-and-desist letter from ESPN to pull the video, which they did.
Deadspin.com linked to the video's former page and the C&D notice at
3:25 p.m. Friday, noting that the video didn't even mention the name
of anyone (the quote was "Hot naked blonde who looks a lot like a
sports blogger favorite in her hotel room."). People used Google cache
to pull the video back from the digital abyss. When ESPN confirmed it
was Andrews, Deadspin made another post at 10:45 p.m. with the
confirmation. Deadspin pulled down all the comments on the original
post, and started deliberately deleting any comment that linked to the
page in question.

The entire episode brought a lot of things to a head at Deadspin
(considered one of the founding fathers of sports blogging). Deadspin
has had a long history of posting Andrews related things, including
photos and commentary. The best way to describe Andrews is as someone
similar to a "girl next door," thought of as gorgeous, smart, yet
folksy. Two camps broke out: one feeling that Deadspin helped feed
this monster and was ultimately liable for the environment that lead
to someone doing this, the other playing the "it was all
tounge-in-cheek," and someone took this way too far (though almost all
completely agree it was completely inappropriate). A.J. Daulero, the
editor of the site and poster of the original story, said he posted
the link to the dead page unaware of the fact that someone could use
just the link to pull the footage back (FWIW: I believe him).

There was a question of how this story would play in the MSM, and I've
been pleasantly surprised to find that it has not turned into the
"let's blame the bloggers" themeline that I would've thought.