http://stores.lulu.com/marousek

Those who have Facebook are probably sick of me writing about this, and I
promise I won't post this more than once a week, but for those who may be
interested:

gave myself a summer project and am self-publishing a book. At more than
90,000 words and more than 200
pages,]<http://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=7486361>

"Proud Peacocks And Other Endangered Species (A Lazy-Eyed Look At
Television) <http://stores.lulu.com/marousek>" is a collection of my writing
about the world of television, some of it about my days working in the
industry, and a lot of it more recently written as my contribution to this
website and message board.

[image: cover]

Some of the hard-hitting questions I've tackled include:

   - Can a person still give a studio tour ten years after being an NBC
   Page?
   - Will watching an entire week of Fox News cause the human brain to
   implode?
   - Is Oprah Winfrey crazy as a soup sandwich?
   - Why is Jimmy Fallon hosting a comedy show when he isn't funny?
   - Why do people watch "24"?
   - Why do people pay for cable when they can watch Hulu instead?
   - Will Shannen Doherty ever agree to a date with me?
   - What is the point of industry conventions and conferences?
   - Why David Hasselhoff?

I attempt to answer all of those questions. Plus, I slap readers upside the
head with a ton of commentary about the media (because a ton of bricks costs
money). While I do attempt to make people think, mostly I'm just out to make
people laugh.

Being slightly insane, I don't expect you to agree with every point I make
-- I'd be worried for you if you did. But I try to take some measure of
pride in being able to convey thoughts and ideas in a unique and
entertaining way. If you agree, or if you just want to help me pay a utility
bill, I ask that you follow the link below and order a copy of the book from
Lulu (or order two and give one to a friend, or order three and give one to
a friend and one to someone you don't like very much). It is a handsome
looking paperback with a freakish cover of my own design. Neatly bound, it
can be kept in a bathroom for easy reference, or in an outhouse where the
pages can be torn out, wrinkled/softened and put to good use (some might
choose to keep it on a book shelf... whatever).

At $19.99, it's a steal at twice the price (you can even order a digital
download for only $9.99). So please buy my unnecessarily long titled book.
You'll be helping me out, and getting something in return.

And thanks for being my friend.

[image: Support]<http://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=7486361>

http://www.tvornottv.net/2009/08/03/proud-peacocks-and-other-endangered-species/